Monday, June 24, 2013

Preach so hard Catholics wanna stop me...


New letter from Elder Walton a few days early.

Hola!
 
So usually we write our letters on Wednesdays, but since it is transfer week, we are writing them today!
This week went a lot faster than last week, and I have been enjoying every second of it. It gets a little frustrating at times because we teach and practice lessons like four times a day, but we dont know enough spanish yet. I feel like they need to get our spanish better, before we teach. BUT we taught a less active on thursday, and the Gift of Tongues is amazing. I honestly said and preached stuff i do not remember learning and did not know I had it in me. My companions spanish is getting better, which is good because I was doing a lot of the talking in the lessons until now.
 
The spirit is really strong here at the CCM. We watched a devotional from Elder Holland in Provo back earlier this year, and I felt the spirit the entire talk, which is the longest i have felt it continually. How crazy was last Sunday?? The Lord definitely wants the members to pick up their game and start doing their job when it comes to missionary work. I imagined mom crying the whole time when the showed the segments of the missionaries around the world, and it got me even more excited to get out in the field and teach!
 
I have never prayed so much in my life. I pray so hard, and for everything. Trust me, everyone I know back home, Ive prayed for. Especially the fam, my homies on the mish, and my best girls. Good luck to all my bros headed out soon and within the next couple weeks, I promise you it is the hardest thing ever, but the happiness youll feel is exponential. Im so happy all the time it is sort of weird. Sometimes i get super frustrated with the language, but then i remember, oh, at least im not learning Japanese or Bulgarian or Russian or anything besides spanish... no joke. Spanish is probably easy compared to everything else.
 
The senior missionaries serving in the Temple and the CCM are so cute and I know theyre doing the best.. but BLESS THEIR HEARTS they are some of the most boring people i have met. They teach our lessons on Sundays and I pray to not fall asleep, but God decides not to answer those prayers. Jokes.
 
We get pretty insane here and come up with crazy stuff to keep us entertained at night after class so here is a few stories.
We got a trash can and put it at the end of the hall, and then took turns Peyton Manning a LIME we picked off the trees and trying to make a basket.. that was fun until someone dented the wall...
We play volleyball everyday during Deportes and my companion Elder Tingey has lost 2 volleyballs! They go over the 25 foot fence, and then onto roofs of the buildings on the other side. It is not really his fault though because he is just trying to dig some hard spikes and it richochets over the fence. Since weve doubled the amount of vballs theyve lost in the last year, they made us pitch in to buy a new ball... haha.
 
My and Elder Tingey decide the best way to get rid of home sickness is to sing songs that remind me of home. My favorite is Les Miserables.. I bust out my voice all day eery day.
 
This is random but they have this brand of juice here called Naturalisimo, and it is unreal. They stock the fridges with Mandarin, Orange, Mango, and Lime jugo and it is delicious. Since it is latino, there isnt much sugar and it is great! Also, we decided a fact about the latinos. They like their hair, shoes and girlfriends all the same... black, shiny, and greasy.
Bad joke but it is true.. they are the only people that shine their shoes, and do their hair for who knows how long!
I am getting pretty good at ironing shirts too, because I have to do it every morning and fast too because we only have one iron on our floor.
 
LONE PEAK represents! Besides me, I just found out there are 3 Hermanas here at the CCM from LP. One is Eliza McGills sister, and we didnt make the connection until we were on the same vball team a couple days ago.. oops.
 
The roads are crazy here next to the CCM. Cars go 90 swerving in n out of lanes, and we dont know how we havent seen a crash yet. There are crashes though because we hear about 10 sirens drive past the CCM a day... which is kind of scary. Tomorrow we are going on a 40 minute bus ride across town to a market for Pday, and i am praying we make it safe! also random fun fact, but the CCM and temple happen to be in the GC south mission, which is pretty cool because it is so pretty around here.
 
The week went great, and my spanish is getting better everyday. I understand a lot of gospel and class vocabulary and talk, but it is hard to follow some of the latinos conversations throughout the day. The latinos here right now leave tomorrow and i am pretty glad. 1) because we need new latinos to practice our spanish with 2) because they all slept in the hall way last night and joked around until 12 and i couldnt sleep! Yeah, they are not very good at following the mission rules when it comes to bed time.. but that is their choice i guess.
 
Im excited for this week because we get the new transfer of kids, and im hoping we get some cool guys, because a lot of cool guys leave this week and so these newbies got big shoes to fill.
 
My testimony grows bigger everyday, and i cant wait to get these next 4 weeks over and head out into the field! good luck with everything, and have fun on Trek fam! Hope you have a good safe time, and dont go crazy. I dont have much else to say because i kind of forgot what has happened because it is all a blur. Love you all! Good luck to all my bros who leave on the 26th, and welcome to the real world.
 
Love, Elder Walton
 
ciudad guatemala sur misión

No comments:

Post a Comment