Monday, August 12, 2013

6 DAYS til first baptism

Hola familia and friends! Como le va??

So this last week has gone by SO fast. I cannot believe that i am writing you guys again, and i miss you all so much. So sorry about the pictures not working, i realized that it is because they are too big, and dont fit in the email. But i messed around with my camera for 30 minutes and figured out how to down size the pics... so i am going to send those once i finish emailing everybody back!

This week has been crazy, and yes mom, i have had the opportunity to play soccer a couple times. The best player in our zona is easily my comp. he played d1 back in Honduras, and has unreal footwork. It has been fun to play and skool the latinos in futsal.
Speaking about soccer. after we played last pday, i got talking with my ZL who is from Lehi and he had a lot of comforting words for me. First he told me about how lucky we are to have a fecha because Monjas has been known as the Reject area as long as he can rmember. The Pres used to send the bad missionaries there to suffer, but it has had some success lately, so the president is sending hard working missionaries... whatever that is supposed to mean. supuestamente, im a hard worker, but it hasnt been easy, and the Pres put a lot of trust in me. Also my ZL says he respects me for going to such a hard area my first transfer.

The weather down here is hot, but not too hot. I always return home hot and sweaty, and tired, but it´s not unbearable, which is nice.

THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS. This last week i went from super sick, to feeling great. I started feeling better around Friday, and i appreciate all your concerns. It´s amazing how the Lord can work through prayers. THe nurse gave us a paper saying if you have BU diarhea, that you shouldnt have food for 24'48 hours... but i am always starving so i refused to stop eating, and eventually i started feeling better. so thank you for turning to our Heavanly Father and praying for me!

Sean, congrats on making the team! Remember to work hard, and always support the team, even if you dont play much. Also remember that i played JV my sophomore year, and didnt touch the field for varsity, so if you are playing JV, be SO proud!

So i have a cute and heartbreaking story. There is a little girl in the branch named Shaylee who has taken a liking to me. She will never let go of my leg, or hand, or whatever she decides to grab on to. She always wants to wear my watch and ring, and she´s just so adorable. Then randomly when we were on splits at the new members home on the otherside of the town, she was  sitting next to me and said, in spanish of course, Guess who i want to baptize me? uhh idk who? YOU. i felt so honored, but the problem is... she´s only 3.. haha so i dont think ill be baptizing her, but i didnt tell her that. She also started calling my papa, which is so sad because her papa passed away a couple years ago... anyways, i adopted a daughter and im going to bring her home in two years! jk.

The language is hard... but it is coming! poco a poco i am picking up new phrases, expressions, and how they form their sentences. I am talking more, and enjoyuing my time more. i cant wait to be fluent!

The baptism of Hno Salvador is Saturday and he is SO ready. He is in Ether after 14 days, and has a strong understanding of the Gospel already. My and my comp are both going to be in the font, because H Salva is disabled, and ill help with the slam dunk... haha.

I dont have much of a spiritual thought, besides when i was really home sick Saturday night the song Army of Helaman came into mind. WE HAVE BEEN BORN, AS NEFI OF OLD, TO GOODLY PARENTS WHO LOVE THE LORD. WE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT, AND WE UNDERSTAND, THAT WE MUST DO AS THE LORD COMMANDS. WE ARE AS THE ARMY OF HELAMAN, WE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT IN OUR YOUTH, AND WE WILL BE THE LORD´S MISSIONARIES TO BRING THE WORLD HIS TRUTH.

Those words are perfect. thank you for you love and prayers, and i miss you all lots.

Elder Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment