Monday, September 2, 2013

Well... this is going to be interesting

I dont want to start this email with anything besides, DANG. So i have officially finished my first cambio in the field and tomoroow is the meeting of changes. Usually you have your trainer for two cambios (12 weeks) but because of what happened two weeks ago. Last night we received the call and all 3 missionaries besides me are being transfered tomorrow. Therefore i am receiving a Stepdad, and the mission work of Monjas is all in my hands. I am going to have to show those 3 elderes everything in the area this week. So keep my sanity and patience in your prayers!

Last Pday after writing i was super bummed out... and i was not happy with the mission or anything. I got talking with an elder in my zona who was in the MTC with me and he completely changed my attitude about the mission. I think it is because i am so hard on myself always, that i wasnt enjoying the mission. BUT this last week i had a new attitude and it was the fastest week ever! We worked harder and harder and i absolutely love the mission and MONJAS!

This week was so much different than the first month and a half... i am completely accustomed to the mission life now.. like Dogs, BOOBS (breat feeding is public), freezing cold showers, weird looks from everyone, and the language of spanish. I feel the love and help from the Lord everyday with the language and gift of tongues.

The language you just got to lose your pride, and JUST DO IT!

Yesterday i had the opportunity to bear my testimony and it was amazing and i love the Branch. I can feel the spirit with me everyday, even though The adversary is working hard...

GUESS WHAT??? Keslin wants to receive our lessons again... and her little evangelica sister! With soriano leaving tomorrow Keslin and her sister are all up to me and the spirit... i am SO excited!

Last thing before ending this short email... I AM SO FAT. My pants are struggling to fit, and i have easily put on 10-15 lbs since i left, no joke. You might not be able to see it in the photos because they are mostly from my first two weeks and in the MTC.

I love you all and thank you so much for all you prayers.

Read 3 Nephi 3:20-10 and then 3 Nephi 3:12. Trust in the Lord can destroy all fear of the Adversary... and there will always be people against us, we can back down. We are the army of The Lord.

Love you all, Elder Walton

Elder Walton with a machete 

Lovely hats!

Rain, Rain, Go Away

No comments:

Post a Comment