Friday, January 24, 2014

Solid Week

The mission has been a lot different ever since i left Monjas. My comp Elder Morillo is super cool, and loves to work hard, which is nice. I will try to send some pictures soon, but if you want to have an idea of what my companion looks like, he is black. :) Such a stud.

This week started off really interesting, with a phone call from Presidente Stay on Monday night.... he asked if him and his wife could come at 9 on Tuesday to do companionship study with us! It was a little stressful cleaning the house tuesday morning... but all turned out well and it was an amazing experience. They dont have much time to visit and study with their missionaries, so the fact that they chose us out of all the companionships, it was pretty cool! I learned a lot from Pte Stay, he is such an inspired man, and of course intimidating;) He helped us a lot with the way we challenge people so follow certain said doctrine, or to be baptized. For example.
Rather than asking "Are you willing to live the word of wisdom?" we can ask more inspiredly "What are you willing to do, to receive the blessing of the commandment?"
It forces the investigator to think, and reply with their own personal answer.

We did splits this week with the ZLs because elder Morillo is the new DL of our District. I went to the other area with a missionary from Mexico and he was super cool. THeir area is up in the mountains though, and a cold front came in... and i was freezing!! Luckily i brought my sweater and it helped a lot:)

This saturday we will have a baptism of our brother Esguin! He is super pilas and is willing to do basically anything. He knows how to recognize the spirit, and knows that only through obedience, can one find true happiness. Pray for him!
Cool experience with esguin.
This week we went through the baptismal questions with him just to see where he was at. We asked him about the Sabbath Day, even though we hadnt taught him it yet. He responded "I dont know exactly all the rules... some say it is saturday, others sunday. All i know is that it is a commandment, and i will follow it. I would like you guys to explain it to me though." How humble and ready is he? I am so thankful that we were able to find him my first day, and he is amazing! We have been praying so hard as a companionship.

We also had a wedding/baptism set up for Ricardo this coming saturday, but he isnt quite ready. We had an amazing lesson with him and a member couple from the ward. I think everyone cried, and that night i realized my true purpose as a missionary. I have always known it since i left, and i have worked hard up until now. I cant even describe the spirit and revelation i received in that moment though, so lets just leave it at that.

This week has been good and the members are super supportive. We have been working super hard, and i am so grateful to be in this area. I feel super blessed, and i know that The Lord is watching over me.

Also for those of you that want to read about the worlds greatest missionaries... read Alma 26. There are so many key verses and sentences that just penetrate the heart.

love you all so much and thank you for everything! I am praying for you.

Love, Elder Nathan Russell Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment