Monday, April 21, 2014

The Valiant

 remember a few years back when I was dissappointed teenager with so much confusion. I sat on a cool dry grass on a nice summer afternoon. The sun was gradually hitting sunset, and I watched as all my teammates practiced as hard as they could. I was 14 and the so-called captain of this team, and yet i couldnt practice. I had pulled a hip-flexer and could hardly walk. I reflected as I watched my teammates on how much we take things for granted. Health is definitely something we dont always appreciate, until we get sick, injured, or infected.

In the Grand Council before we came to this earth we saw our Heaven Father´s glorified and perfect body. We wanted the same. He explained to us that we must past the HARDEST test in order to receive that which he has. We accepted the test to be locked and subject to a mortal body and to be exposed to illnesses, pain, and just plain hurt. WE did not get to choose our bodies, and God decides how well it functions for us. Some are willing to do all that they can mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, for The Lord, yet phisically they cant.

I got sick this week and I always catch myselft repenting because i dont thank our God enough for the good health he has given me.
I reflected back on my first convert Hermano Salvador. He only had one leg, walked on crutches, and freak, Satan got him down, A LOT. He always was looking to truly understand what The Lord wanted of him. I remember we shared Alma 40:23 with him, and he couldnt get rid of the tears.
The valiant will one day be able to receive the reward promised in this scripture.

This week we gave a blessing to a little girl in the ward who was SUPER sick and was having problems with her breathing. After the blessing she went and layed down, and quicly fell asleep. We continued chatting with the parents, and about within 5 minutes the little girl started choking for air. We just sat and stared and i literally thought she was just going to pass away before our eyes. I prayed SO hard in my heart that she would live, and at last her throat cleared up, and she could sleep calmly. The power of the priesthood is real.

I reflected tso much this week on the Plan of Salvation and i received more knowledge about our physical state here in earth. I received lots of revelation and and clearing of understanding.

Shoutout to those in the wheelchair.
Shoutout to those struggling with cancer.
Shoutout to those who cant see this world, nor hear it.
Shoutout to those who can say what they arent allergic to easier than saying what they are.
Shoutout to those who can shake off the depression.

I wish i could write all that i want to, concerning that which i have learned this week, but i cant.

The Lord loves us, and loves each one of you.

Shoutout to the valiant and faithful.

Love, Elder Nathan Russell Walton
View from Elder Walton's Apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment