Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday Surprises!

I'm sure you are all asking "Why is Elder Walton sending emails on Saturday???"

Lets start from day one.
Monday went well, we had a normal pday, I gotta say bye to a few
members from Nueva Montserrat, and packed my bags. I have a lot more
stuff than i did when i started the mission, so that is frustrating...
i ended up leaving some stuff AGAIN.

Tuesday we had the Change meeting. Everyone in the mission who has
changes, along with their companion show up to Zone 9 in the capital,
and we have a meeting in a chapel. After a short talk from President
Stay and Sister Stay, also the testimonies from the missionaries that
finished, the secretaries put up a power point, and the assistants
anounce the new changes. It is always super nerve racking, and I was
super anxious this time.

The changes are by mission Zone and they started with the Zone
Guatemala. Well....... I was the second name to be anounced.
Elder Walton is now the Executive Secretary of the Guatemala City South mission.

I didnt know what to think either...

Anyways our pday is on Saturday, so that is why I am writing today:)

So yeah, Suprise.

It has been easily the craziest week in my mission.
The ward I am in is Montufar, in the Zone 9 of the capital. The ward
also consists of zone 13 and 14 right next to the airport. It is the
first and oldest ward and chapel in Guatemala and it is basically
famous.

I never realized how much the secretaries have to do until i became
one. Due to the transfers and the changes this week, we have hardly
been able to leave the office because there is so much to do.

I am learning a lot, and am super stressed out because we have to do
all the normal secretary responsabilites, along with getting
everything ready for President Caffaro who will be here in 6 weeks!

On Wednesday night/Thursday morning one of our jobs is taking the
missionaries to the airport. AKA we woke up at 2 a.m. to go get the
sister who finished, and then took the 6 Elders to the airport. It was
fun and but an unusual experience. We did get back til 6 and we hardly
slept.

I am super sleep-deprived because I have had a lot of things to do at
nighttime when we get home so I can learn the Secretary life and I
havent been sleeping... :( haha but no worries, I am getting
accustomed.

So yeah, I am happy to be here, and I know that The Lord has me here
for a reason, even though i dont know what it is yet.

My companion is Elder Mendez, he is from Nicaragua and SUPER dope. He
is one of the only latino missionaries that i have met that is just a
straight-up BRO.

Love you all, and remember to write me before next Saturday:) 

Love, Elder Nathan Russell Walton


No comments:

Post a Comment