Saturday, June 28, 2014

Changes Are Good

Although changes are hard, they are good.

I received a new companion here in the office on Saturday. His name is Elder Rosales and he is from El Salvador. He is an awesome missionary and is picking up the things here in the office pretty quick.

I am super stressed but I learned so much this week. I honestly dont know how we got everything done... we had SO much to do.

One cool experience we had this was that on Tuesday a missionary from a tiny town called Guazacapan got set apart as a missionary and he ended up staying with us for the day, and we then took him to the CCM on Wednesday morning. He was the most humble person I have ever met. He had his humble suicase, with his humble materials. He had to support his family being the oldest son, and so he wasnt always active in the church due to having to work on Sundays. He still was sure what a mission was, and I think he made a huge impression on my companion and I, and the sweet spirit that he always had present made me change my view (again) on mission work. My companion and I gave him some extra ties, shirts, pants and sweaters we had laying around and he was very grateful.

We had one experience together and I wont ever forget it.
We were talking to a member in their doorway at about 8 oclock at night and it was raining pretty hard. A car came down the road and was attempting to parallel park in a very tight spot, and obviously needed some help parking. This Elder noticed the cause, looked at me, and without saying anything he crossed the street and for 3 minutes helped this man park his car.
Elder Rosales and I just stood watching and we both were thinking the same thing, that this Elder is going to be an amazing missionary.

It doesnt matter where you are from, what you where, or how you talk; anyone can be a servant of God, and this Elder made a huge impression on me, being that it was his first couple hours in the mission.

I just thought I would share that experience with you all, I love you lots, and hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Nathan Russell Walton
Elder Walton at the museum on PDay

PDay

The Office in their Colombia Soccer Jerseys

The back of the jerseys

No comments:

Post a Comment