Saturday, July 12, 2014

Miracles

So this week was absolutely crazy... it isnt quite over, but we almost have survived the week.

The reason my subject name is miracles, is because I honestly dont know how God does it.

I wish I could go into detail, and explain ALL that happened, but I cant.

Lets just start with the fact that President Caffaro arrived last night, and we are going to meet him here soon within a couple of hours. Since this was President Stays last week, Satan hit HARD, and I mean HARD. Monday afternoon the internet here in the office went out. Therefore Tuesday we showed up and it was still out. President Stay then informs me that two missionaries are going home. This involves me having to talk with many people in the Area Office that have to do with tickets, passports, immigration stuff, right? Well without email, we are back in the 80s.... and the phone doesnt always work to easy because we have to send documents and information with many details that isnt easily passed through the phone.

Basically Tuesday I almost lost it... we got out of the office late, we had a tag-along missionary that we were taking to the airport Wednesday morning, and I was returning to an area where we dont got much going for us.... well here is where the miracle comes into play. We showed up to the area at 530ish... last Sunday we visited Susan and she had explained to us that she just didnt feel ready for baptism, although she attends church with us every week. Well Tuesday at 6 we went to visit her. Something I like to do to help investigators realize that they ARE ready, is share the baptismal interview questions with them, and see how much they know. Our plan going into the lesson was either set up a date for her to be baptized, or leave her for awhile (stop teaching her).

After we asked her the questions involving God, Christ, Joseph Smith, Repentance, Word of Wisdom, Sabbath Day, etc. she literally answered everything perfectly. I explained to her that she is ready, and she said, "I prayed Sunday night, and.... I know I'm ready now". I asked her what day shed like to be baptized and she said next Saturday, then she realized she wont be able to, and then she said "Why not this Saturday?" Well long story short she will be baptized tomorrow (Sunday) along with another family that the other secretaries are teaching.

Thursday Susan had her REAL interview and our District Leader said she passed it with a breeze.

With all the craziness this week, it is honestly a miracle that Susan will be baptized. BLESSINGS.

Well that was just Tuesday, I wish i could tell you about the WHOLE WEEK which involved us waking up at 4 two days straight to take missionaries to the airport, not having internet for 3 days, and having to prepare EVERYTHING for President Caffaro who is now here.

I hope I was able to share this small miracle with you all adequately, my English struggles...

I love you all. Pray for our new President, pray for our mission, and the office.

Thank you for all your love, I miss you lots, but I am super happy here, and I get sad when I think about how quick the time is going.... 13 months... only 11 left...

Love, Elder Nathan Russell Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment