Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Restoration


This week went very well. My companion and I last Sunday returned home and talked 12 until at night about HOW we could find new investigators and get our area back on its feet. This week we have taught The Restoration 13 times.... to investigators, less-actives, and members. Even if we had taught it before to investigators, we taught it again.

I can honestly testify that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored.
In D&C 123 : 12 it says...

 12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it

We must make this message known. We must share it with all.

This Church was restored by a prophet called of God. Prophets are also seers, and revelators, therefore, in order to be a prophet one must receive revelations and have fruits from their works.

The Book of Mormon is the most perfect book that we have on this earth, and as my first convert always said "It is the THIRD testament of Jesus Christ".

We had the idea of only teaching this lesson so that we could help investigators progress, help members work with us, and so that we could receive referrals and lets just say, it has worked.
This week has gone really well and I feel so blessed to be able to be a missionary called of God.

We also had the opportunity to visit the temple this week as a zone, it was so amazing and I hadn't gone since last February when I had 8 months, I now have 14 months. I love been able to enter into the House of the Lord and feel His presence.

Besides all the spiritual lessons this week, nothing too exciting has happened here in the office. My new companion is catching on quickly and that makes my job so much easier.

Hope you all have an amazing week, and remember that this is the only true church, and if ye have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work.

Something my comp said to me this week that i loved was:
"Number of baptisms does not mean number of converts, you must TEACH in order to RETAIN"

Love you all! I am super happy and loving the mission, I don't want this to ever end!

Elder Nathan Russell Walton



No comments:

Post a Comment