Monday, November 24, 2014

Another Week in November

There isnt much I can say besides the fact that I know that God answers prayers and that He can change people, and their lives.

In many of my emails I have mentioned Victor and Patricia. I am just going to share their story again.

In our second week here in Jerusalen, Stuart and I asked some members where some inactives or less actives lived so that we could get to know the area better. A member named Sandy told us to go look for Victor, a less active who lives by the catholic church who had just gotten in a motorcycle accident. She told us that the lady he lives with, Patricia, isnt a member and many missionaries have tried...
We clicked super quickly with Victor, and he said that the accident made him realize that they need God in their life again. While he was recovering from the accident we went often to go visit him, and he started going to church every week. We only met Patricia once, and she was super mean to us, in other words, not interested AT ALL. She was super evangelic, and had no desire to go to the mormon church.

After many prayers we finally got the opportunity to get to know her by doing some service with them. That Sunday she went to church, and I believe I told you about how big of a step that was... well little by little we have been able to help them. We cant visit them much because Victor started worrking again and doesnt get home til 8 or 830ish... so mainly we teach her on the weekend.

Patricia has now gone to church 4 times, she went to the activity we had on Saturday, and she has decided that she wants to get baptized.... On December 6th they will be married and she will be baptized!
I cant even express the emotions I felt and feel when I think of how much they have changed. When she told us on Wednesday that she wanted to get baptized, all three of us were in awe, including her husband.
The Lord truly does miracles, and after all the hard work Elder Stuart and I have done in this area, we are going to be able to watch this couple get married and baptized, something I honestly would never have thought would happen when I first met Patricia. Thank you for all your prayers, and continue to pray for them.

On Saturday we had a great activity in the chapel. It was an "open house" and many members brought their friends to come see the inside of the chapel. Each organization set up a small presentation in their classroom and we did a mini tour. It was such a great turnout! There were more investigators than members present! 2 people that went to the activity and got to know the church for the first time, went to sacrement meeting yesterday with us! Such a blessing, missionary work is so much easier when the members get invovled. After the tour we had a great pick up soccer game, and many investigators and less actives played and really enjoyed it. It was such a great atmosphere!

I know this church is true, and I know that by the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things.

Hope you have an amazing week and thanksgiving!!

Love elder nathan russell walton


No comments:

Post a Comment