Thursday, January 22, 2015

19 Months

I feel like time is slipping through my fingers... I never thought these days would come.. but it just gives me the desire to keep working and take advantage of the time I got left.

Well this week went really well! We started off the week with our district pday activity that we only get to do once every 6 weeks. We played lazer tag and drove go karts... it was a lot of fun and i dont think I had laughed so hard for a long time... one of the brand new elders in my zone crashed into the wall and the guy started yelling at him in spanish and he just sat there like.... I dont understand anything youre saying to me... it was a lot of fun.

So we had some really great experiences this week. We have been working with the Granados family and on Tuesday towards the end of the visit we told them that we would love to share the message with some of their friends as well.
On Thursday we showed up, and they had invited a family over to listen to us and watch a church video! It was so neat to receive a referral from investigators:)

We have an investigator named Francisco that we contacted about a month ago.. we taught him once and then due to the holidays we couldnt find him. On Tuesday he shared such a special experience with us about how he had read in the the book of mormon on Monday and God truly answered his prayer that it is true. I dont have enough time to share everything but he commited to a baptismal date for the 31st and he went to church yesterday for the first time and loved it, the talks were so good and it truly helped his small testismony and desire to grow even more.

On Friday I went on splits to San Juan Sacatepequez. It is outside the cap, the farthest area in this stake. It is so pretty and all the people there are true natives... i am sure if you google it you will see pictures.

Like I said our sacrament meeting was amazing. The couple that spoke talked about trails, challenges, and tests of faith. I loved the stories they shared... it made me think about the scripture
D&C 136: 31-33.  I dont remember how it is in english but I love the line "el que no aguanta el castigo no es digno de mi reino"

Love you all and things are going great! I am super happy and my comp and I are working super hard, really trying to give the zone our example.

Have an amazing week,
Elder nathan russell walton

No comments:

Post a Comment