Monday, February 23, 2015

Weddings

So things have been really crazy lately.. we have been working well and I am really enjoying my time in the mission.

So this week we have been planning the two wedding we are going to have this 14th. Frank and Sandy, and now Francisco and his soon to be wife Victoria.

Quick story about Francisco.
I knocked his door my 6th day in this area. He told me about how his mother was a convert and a faithful member, but that she passed away 3 years ago. He told me how he kept her books, and that he would like to talk with us a little. We returned the next day but he wasnt home. We managed to find him 4 days later, taught him once but he didnt seem too interested and he told us he was going to leave for 2 weeks for the holidays, so we just left it like that.
About 3 weeks later we found him on a Friday and taught him about the restoration and gave him the book of Mormon.

Within two days he received his answer and has gone to church every sunday since for all 3 hours.

We set a fecha with him for the 31st but he told us how he was married to a lady in the states, and lives with someone (Victoria) here... big problem.

After wayyy too many miracles managed to figure out the divorce with the old wife, and has been able to figure marriage with Victoria who is super evangelica but now she has listened to us, went to church on sunday and is preparing to be baptized on the 1st of March.

Sorry i really rushed through this email, dont have much time... Frank and Sandy are going to be married but their baptisms wont be this saturday, hopefully in a couple weeks.

The zone should have 10 baptisms this weekend which will double what we had in January... the zone is moving along and I am so grateful!! I love the mission and this is the Lords work, no doubt.

Pray for the two families, and just so you know I wont write until next Thursday because we are going to the temple, but on monday my comp and I gotta send numbers so i believe that we can manage to send pics on Monday.

Love you all!!

elder nathan russell walton




No comments:

Post a Comment