Monday, December 8, 2014

December Blows In

It has been super windy lately, so cold that my comp and I have to wear our sweaters almost all day. Not something I expected when I got called to Guatemala, but I guess weather year round in central america isnt paradise after all.

Things have been going great lately. Thanksgiving wasnt too exciting here... all us elders met up early in the morning to play some american football so that was a lot of fun.

Lately we have been finding a lot of new investigators, and we have been dropping a lot of other we were teaching. I basically have the rule that if someone doesnt go to church after two sundays, or if they refuse to accept baptismal dates... we stop teaching them. There are so many people preppared to receive this gospel, we shouldnt be spending time with those that arent ready.

This week was a little stressful getting things preppared for Victor and Patricias wedding. Usually when we prepare a baptismal service, all hell breaks loose and Satan tries super hard to stop it. Now just imagine what happens when we have to prepare a wedding AND baptism.
Luckily after many prayers and small miracles, we were able to get the papers to the lawyer who is a member from Montserrat (2nd area) and the members are helping us with the invitations and refreshments. Thank you for all your prayers and keep praying. Victor and Patricia are so happy, but obviously they are nervous as well. I know that this weekend will turn out well, and I am so happy that the Lord has been able to help this family completely change.

Yesterday we had 7 investigators in church which is such a blessing. Not only have we been able to get many to church that are investigating, but many less actives as well. We had 182 in church yesterday... and usually the attendance is around 125... the branch president was so happy and he said that he is going to call President Caffaro to make sure we dont have changes next week... hahaha.

We have two investigators that have gone to church now and really love the gospel and doctrine we teach. Velisario and Cesar. Velisario accepted a bautismal date for the 14th of December. It was such a miracle when I invited him to be baptized because before the visit I was thinking of what day we could invite him to be baptized on. I dont know why but I chose the 14th. After I invited him he said, YES, and that the 14th is his birthday.... he had such a big smile on his face.

Thank you for all your prayers, I am so thankful to be serving a mission. I know that the Lord has blessed me so much. This is the true gospel, i am sure of it.

Elder nathan russell walton

No comments:

Post a Comment