Monday, May 25, 2015

I Still Haven't Packed My Suitcases...

Hey family and friends,

I honestly am so grateful to have been able to serve two years here in the Guatemala City South mission. I have seen many ups and downs, but to be honest, I only remember the ups. Day after day after day I have been able to walk and walk for the Lord and His work. I dont have any regrets. I know that the Lord has put me in certain areas and with certain companions so that His work can progress.

This is the only true gospel of Jesus Christ upon the face of the earth. No doubt. I have felt the spirit EVERY SINGLE DAY here in Guatemala, and i cannot deny it. I wish I could put my testimony into words, but sometimes I cant express my feelings that way that I would like to. I know that Jesus is the Christ. HE lives, and because He lives, we can be guided by His prophets.

I have seen His hand, way too much. I feel a little too blessed. I am thankful.

I have learned so much. I have learned to love another country, another culture, another people. Guatemala has a piece of my heart and so do many people here that I have to leave.

In Monjas I learned how to work hard and truly develop patience.

In Montserrat I learned how to be a missionary that doesnt just work with his feet but with the spirit.

In Montufar I learned how to have a full time job, and be a full time missionary at the same time.

In Jerusalen I learned how to share precious experiences with so many special people, SHOUTOUT to my Hijo Unigenito, Elder Stuart.

In Florida I learned how to show faith and wait for the results. So many miracles.

I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son, even Jesus Christ. I know that the church has been restored, I KNOW.

I love the people of Guatemala, they are a loving people. Most still have their hearts hardened and live in the wicked traditions of their fathers, but many have and will continue receiving the true gospel and the good news. I love tesitfying of the restoration. I love doing this work, for my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He atoned for ME, i know that He is My Redeemer. He has allowed me to use the atonement before my mission, and that has allowed me to invite others to do the same in these two years.

I may not have baptized as much as I expected to, but I INVITED AND TESTIFIED AS MUCH AS THE LORD EXPECTED ME TO.

I love this Gospel, and I will never forget Guatemala.
I know that this email doesnt do my testimony justice, but you get the idea.
To those who are missionaries, keep working.
To those who will be missionaires, repent and get prepared, the Lord is calling YOU.
To my family, see you on Wednesday.

I share these things in the name of our Lord, Jesus the Christ, amen.

Elder nathan russell walton

No comments:

Post a Comment