Monday, December 2, 2013

COLD

So this week has been really weird. It is SUPER cold here in Monjas... and I dont know what happened. Me and Elder White wore long-sleeve shirts all week, and when i got dark we put on jackets. With the changes, the unsuccessful work, and the bad weather; we had a really bad week. We tried super hard to work it out, and shake off the bagginess, and eventually through our faith, and hope, we ended with a good sunday. I have never had such a bad week in the mission, but I am not going to complain all email. I just want to share a couple experiences or cool stories this email, that might not have to do with the week completely.

First of all, family, I opened the Xmas package because i couldnt wait. Thanks for all the candy, and food, and hopefully I am not too lazy to make the mashed pototoes. Also, BTW the shirt does not fit at all.... idk if you forgot that i have gained weight, and that I am size XL not L, but either way it is going to be a nice gift for a teenager in the branch:) Also thank you for the pants, they.... fit alright. But they were needed so thank you!

One night we were knocking on doors at 7ish and it was freezing. MY comp takes one side of the road, and i the other. And we just contact individually because it saves time and is more productive. No one was answering their doors because of the cold and i was just sort of pondering. It was about 48 degrees with wind is my guess, all i had was my placa, agenda, a backpack full of scriptures, and a heart full of hope. Nothing else. I was sort of frustrated with the work, and i felt like i wasnt living up to my potential in the mission field. But then i had this overwhelming feeling come over me, and i knew that i was doing that which the Lord has asked for me, and it isnt my fault that no one is accepting us.

So a cool story about Monjas is that there is a member in the branch who is mute. He cant talk or hear, but he has a strong testimony. He was there 45 minutes early and helped set up chairs, and then he passed the sacrement. He gives me hope everytime i see him.

So yesterday we finally got familia Perez to come to church. It is the family of the 18 yr old Eduardo who has come to church the last month. We are so close to helping them realize the importance of baptism, and if there is one thing i am set on doing before i leave Monjas, it is getting them to the baptismal font.

So i have been studying the biblia a little recently, and the story of Peter walking on water towards has hit me so hard lately. He was Jesus´s main man, always there on His side during all the miracles, trials, and healings that he did and went through. Peter was the one who was always supporting Christ. We he took a step on the water, how much faith did he have? He was so faithful, but even the number 1 apostle of Jesus Christ lacked faith, and started to sink. Why? He had seen the miracles, he had seen EVERYTHING, yet, he lacked faith. "Oh hombre de poca fe, por que dudaste?" (idk the scripture in english). That story has helped me realize we are all human.

This next week is going to be better and thank you for all the love and support.
Alma 22:15 (King Lamoni had so much faith and desire to change he was willing to give all).

love you all, and hope you had a great thanksgiving! We didnt celebrate it here:) haha

Elder Nathan Russell Walton

ps. sorry my grammar is so bad lately... spanish problems.

Elder Walton with a cat that is almost as cool as Oreo

No comments:

Post a Comment